Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pearls & Lace Baby Shower Invitations

My sister threw a baby shower for her friend last month and hired me to make the invitations. The baby's room is gray and pink so my sister thought a "pearls & lace" theme would be fun. I used pre-cut cardstock from Paper Source to make my life a little easier since I had to make 30, and spruced the invites up with some doilies, pink organdy ribbon, and sticky-backed pearls. The finished size is 5"x7".

I designed the text part of the invitation in InDesign and printed it at home. The fonts are called Tidy Hand and Vaguely Repulsive. I matched the pinks by pulling up Paper Source's website and used the eyedropper tool on their pink cardstock. I had to adjust it a little, but looks pretty exact to me!

If you'd like to order these or similar invitations, please visit my Etsy shop.

Here are a few pictures of the decorations my sister set up. She had a Candy Bar on her table with all kinds of pink and earthtone-colored treats in jars and on pretty trays. Being her crafty sister, I helped her create the tags for in front of each item.
I loved these shower favors (which I helped decorate). She found a recipe for "Russian Tea," where you mix orange Tang, pink lemonade, instant iced tea, and sugar (I think she omitted the spices). She layered them to look pretty in these mason jars, then you just mix up the jar and it's ready to stir into water. But since the baby's name is going to be Londyn, she called it "Londyn Tea." Cute!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

taraklaassen said...

These are gorgeous, Jayma! I love the doilies.