Sunday, March 20, 2011

Zebra & Lime Green Birthday Cards

My mom visited me from San Diego all last week and we had a GREAT time crafting! We made cards, jewelry, shopped for crafts, she taught me how to sew, and lots more. I got these zebra brads and ribbon at Hobby Lobby and wanted to make a card with them.

I treated the bow 2 different ways, but I like the giant bow the best. The pleated card was fun, though. It's the first time I sewed on a card! Well, really the first time I've sewed ever...I learned to make a pillow first, then tried sewing on ribbon/cardstock.
The green background paper is actually shimmery, but you can't tell from the pictures. I embossed it with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.
I decided to cover the stitching, not because I didn't do a good job (cuz I actually did!), but because it looked better with another piece of ribbon over it.
My mom loved my cards so much that she made 3 of her own, slightly different. She's a master at bow-tying...she's a florist.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. I hope you have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Beautiful cards! Love that zebra brad and bow.

Natasha said...

What a beautiful card. I'm a lover of lime green myself. Thanks for sharing.

Natasha
craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

Jayma Malme said...

Thanks so much you guys!

Cory said...

Hi there,
Love the mix of color.
Thanks for sharing,
Cory