Friday, May 20, 2011

Fun Fanfare Card

This was my first time playing with Close to my Heart's new Fanfare paper pack. Such fun colors! I kept this card simple because I made it for my dad's birthday...the day before the Fourth of July. But it just so happens that this card will be doing double-duty, because the day after his birthday he's retiring!!! Yippee! I'm so excited for him!
And I just had to share this next picture with you because of how perfectly Oslo is positioned to get in the picture. I can't tell you how many times I have to reposition my card because he is in the background. So I just went with it this time.
I used Shining Star, one of my all-time favorite stamp sets for the star and "celebrate." I got this set in my Consultant Kit 3 years ago and it's constantly a go-to for me. Because it's such a great set, it's still available if you wanna snag it!

To give the star that two-tone effect, I first stamped it in sunny yellow, then just rocked the edges in cranberry.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Love this Jayma! Totally caught my eye and I was about to add it to next Fridays post until I saw it was you :)