Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tinkerbell & Pinkalicious Tutus & Matching Hair Clips

My niece's 3rd birthday is coming up, and I've been making her all kinds of fun stuff! She's been super into Tinkerbell lately, and I found the perfect tulle at Hobby Lobby to make her a Tinkerbell tutu! (My measurements are at the bottom of the post.)

I got the tulle that comes on a spool to make it easier...I know it's a little more expensive but it was on sale for 50% off. Plus It's just easier for me to store that way. I used white and lime green normal tulle, and also found lime green with glitter in it! When I was finished making this tutu I had glitter ALL.OVER.THE.FLOOR!!! I vacuumed and I'm still finding it. My sister will thank me. :)

And you know me...of course I had to make matching hair clips! She looks absolutely adorable in pig tails, and wears them a lot, so I made her 2 matching clippies. The flower centers are actually brads from Dear Lizzy/American Crafts. I popped off the brad backing and hot glued it on.

This next one is a Pinkalicious tutu. I gave it to my friend Jen's daughter, Allie—her 3rd birthday is coming up, too! She's having a Pinkalicious party so I wanted to give her something to go along with the theme. If you look closely, you'll see I also added some glittery lace strips for added sparkle and interest :)

Here's sweet Allie wearing her new tutu and clippie.

And even at 11 years old, Inky knows how to play with the best of them ;)
 

If you'd like to make a tutu for the little girl in your life, here's the YouTube Video I found most helpful. 

And here are my tutu measurements:
Strips: 24" long, 4-6" wide, about 60 of them
Elastic waistband: 3/4" width, 18" long, sewn together

I'm linking up here:


Tip Junkie handmade projects

Anything Related


2 comments:

Elle The Heiress said...

Those are adorable!

Kathryn Michelle Jenkins said...

this is absolutely adorable and sweet. great ideas! I'm a new follower.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com