Sunday, June 19, 2011

My {Modified} Sophia Workshop on the Go

I LOVE using Close to my Heart's Workshop on the Go kits! The paper kit, stamp set, embellishments, and full-color instructions make it so easy to get two 2-page layouts (or 12 cards) done in just a couple of hours. But I'm the type of crafter who has to make it "my own." I'm not always the best at following directions :)

For those of you who are not familiar with the Workshop on the Go kits, let me explain...

It's AWESOME for the beginner and advanced scrapbooker or cardmaker! The kit comes with a full Level 2 paper pack, 1-2 full-size accessory packs (2 with Sophia), and an exclusive stamp set. (In my opinion, the Sophia kit comes with the cutest stamp set...I've used it on so many projects already!) Plus, there's a full-color brochure with step-by-step instructions and cutting guides to make sure you get the most out of your paper. SO easy!

Here is the layout that CTMH has designed for the kit...

It's cute! Love the stamping and the colors. But I like to fit more pictures on my scrapbook pages, and I didn't want all that blank pink space.

So below you can see my alterations. I cut all the paper as directed and kept the same basic layout. But I added a couple more photos on the left page, and on the right page I changed the size of the photos but kept the same placement.

{click photo for larger view.}

I also added the Bohemian Alphabet (my favorite, and coordinates perfectly with the Sophia paper) for my title and added a Sophia journaling spot. (So adorable...you also need these if you use this paper!) I kept the stamping similar, but altered it a little bit to fit on my page.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 

 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great layout! Our club is doing Sophia next and I love how you changed it up!