Monday, June 27, 2011

Peacock Birthday Card

I adore the colors in this card! I can't take credit for the design...it's one that my friend Jen designed for one of our all-you-can-create card workshops, but I absolutely love it. It uses one of my favorite paper packs: Magnifique, and one of my favorite stamp sets: Circle of Love. I think these blues and greens look so pretty together, it's 3 of CTMH's new colors: Lagoon, Pacifica, and Pear.


To make the peacock 3 different colors, I pressed the image onto 3 different stamp pads, starting in the center with the lightest color. Then I used the next darkest on each side of that, and the darkest on the top and bottom. If you were to start with the darkest color, when you put the lighter color stamp pad onto the stamp you may transfer some of the darker ink onto the light ink since there is a little overlapping.

I added the Happy Birthday sentiment from the (retired) Happy Birthday stamp set, but I highly recommend the new Birthday Card Chatter stamp set. You don't realize how many different "happy birthday" stamps you use until you have them all!




1 comment:

Elle The Heiress said...

I love this card! Manifique was my favorite paper pack from the last Idea Book.