Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Secret of Staying Young is... {birthday card}

I recently got this Martha Stewart butterfly punch and thought I'd play around with it. I got the idea for this rainbow-colored card from Pinterest here. (If you are not on Pinterest yet...you need to be. Let me know if you need an invite.)

I wanted the butterfly punch in that card but my local craft stores are out of it...I'm still on the hunt! :) But to add a little interest to my butterflies I stamped a polka dot background stamp on them. That stamp is retired, but any of these sets would also be lovely. I also added some of my new twine from sample pack I got from The Twinery.

I love the inside! It says:
"to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age. ~Lucille Ball"
Unfortunately it's from a retired CTMH stamp set.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jenn Smith Sloane said...

So cute! I love the simplicity of it and how you wrapped the twine. Cute quote!

Trisha Morton said...

Love this, but then butterflies sure ring my bell! Great art!