Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sunset-Inspired Masculine Scripture Frame

Yesterday I received a message via my Etsy shop from a young woman who was desperate for a last-minute addition to her father's birthday gift. She and her mom had prepared a grouping of wall frames with beautiful sunset pictures in them as his gift, but she wanted a long and skinny frame with Psalm 19:1-6 to go along with them. She needed it in less than a week. I was up for the challenge...I like to help those who are in need :) Plus, as you faithful readers know, my {What's in a Frame} decor is my very favorite to create!

So I worked with her and came up with this beautiful piece...




I thought this Olivia paper from Close to my Heart was perfect to go with the photos she sent me of her sunset pictures. The orange color, after all, is called "sunset"!

I finished it off with some masculine sticker studs I found at Michael's; Mocha opaques from CTMH (LOVE using these opaques!); and chocolate, cocoa & desert sand ribbon.

And of course the beautiful script font (found for free here) that the verses are printed in adds to the sophisticated look.


Thanks for visiting!

---

If you haven't "liked" Playing with Paper on Facebook...go do that now! :)

 ---

I still have a few argyle Father's Day card kits available and several of the other patterns. It's not too late to order! Check them out >

I'm linking up at:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is beautiful. You are so amazing. I know she will love it.