Monday, August 1, 2011

Practical Scrappers Anniversary Week: Day 1

This week we are celebrating Practical Scrappers' 2nd anniversary! To celebrate, we are having a whole week of "two" challenges with lots of inspiration. I hope you'll join us! Today's challenge is to make 2 projects where there is something exactly the same about each. You could use the same paper, the same die-cut, the same stamp, etc.

For my cards, I chose to use the same sketch for each. And it just so happens I used the same swirl stamp on both as well. I was inspired by Dawn's lovely card here and had lots of fun with the variations!



I especially love how this last card came together. I have been really into background stamps lately, and especially this swirl stamp from the "You & Me" May and June CTMH promotion. In fact, the whole stamp set has been one of my favorites. The pennants and tickets are from the same set! 

If you look closely, you can see iridescent stickles on the candle flames.

Enjoy, and I hope you'll head over to Practical Scrappers and check out the other designers' creations!

----

P.S. Don't forget I still have great deals on stamp sets, paper kits, and accessories for sale!

No comments: