Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wedding Scrapbook Layout - Color Challenge

Here is another layout from my cousin's wedding that I just finished scrapbooking for myself. I did the left page a while ago for one of Heart 2 Heart's color challenges: Creme Brulee, Blush, and Vineyard Berry. This color combo sounded odd to me at first, but I think it works well for this layout.

This layout also fits Practical Scrappers' "Challenge Me Tuesday" from last week, to alter flowers in some way. I stamped on the flower on the right page to give it a new look.



I stamped a background stamp from Universal Backgrounds (a must-have) in Blush ink onto Blush cardstock and the white flower. I love these swirl stamps from the Felicity stamp set. Felicity is no longer available, but check out the new Love Life stamp set...LOVE it! I'll be using that flourish a lot in the future! Plus, did you hear that D-size stamp sets have decreased in price?! They're just $17.95 now instead of $22.95!
In this next picture we were all doing the Thriller Dance...so fun! It was such a fun wedding! It was a small destination wedding...I'm a fan of smaller groups and lots of family was there so it was a celebration right up my alley :)

And this is the page I did last year for Heart 2 Heart Challenges. If you haven't checked out H2H and you love Close to my Heart products, you really should. They do a CTMH-based challenge every week.
 
What do you think of this color combo? I hope you'll challenge yourself to combine unexpected colors and paper packs for a different look...you'll find that it's fun!

You can find the other layouts I've done for her wedding (and other wedding projects) here. But I'm not done posting the layouts from her wedding!

Happy scrapping!

P.S. Don't forget I still have great deals on stamp sets, paper kits, and accessories for sale!  Help me clear them out before I move!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great layout! Love the "Dancing" title!