Thursday, September 15, 2011

1st Birthday Layout: Use your Halloween Stamp set in a non-Halloween way!

Here I go using this fun color scheme again! This is the other page to my nephew's first birthday layout I promised! You can see the original layout here. I can't take credit for the cute idea to form the pictures in the shape of a cake...I saw it on Pinterest. However, my layout is much different :) I created this for a "layouts with hexagons" feature at Practical Scrappers.

I used some new goodies from CTMH, including the Milepost shapes...super fun! Like the mini cards I posted the other day, I lightly brushed the shapes with white acrylic paint to add some texture. I like how it looks a little like frosting..I wanted to carry the theme throughout the entire page!

For those of you wondering how to use your August stamp of the month, Wicked, here's a non-Halloween idea! Don't those honeycombs make such a difference? The "Hats off to you" stamp is also from that set.

The blue polka dot paper is from Magic Moments (retired), and I added White, Lagoon, and Sunset cardstock.


Isn't my nephew a cutie patootie?! These pictures were from February...he's already so much bigger! And now that I live even farther away I am not going to get to see him as much. But at least I'm still an easy flight away! (Seattle - San Diego)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:

No comments: