Sunday, September 18, 2011

Christmas Poinsettia Card With Cricut Art Philosophy

I got my Cricut Art Philosophy Collection from CTMH this weekend and I'm already hooked! I have the first generation baby Cricut and I already know I'm going to need to upgrade soon. You can help me save up by buying some of the stamp sets and paper packs I have for sale :)

I got my cartridge just in time to participate in Heart 2 Heart's challenge this week, which is to use die-cuts. I could have used other die-cuts, but what's the fun when you know you have your Art Philosophy cartridge coming soon? ;) I have already started making cards for Christmas, because I know it's going to creep up soon.
I used the flower7 image from Art Philosophy cut at 3" and every 1/2" down to 1.5", and finished it off with some sparkles. I inked the edges of each flower with Riding Hood Red ink from Stampin' Up and then rolled the petals up on a pen to give it some dimension. (I could have used one of the cool 3D flowers on the cartridge but I need to be able to mail this!)

The leaves are leaf3 cut at 1.5" and 2", which matches up with the new A Holiday stamp set! How cool that the Cricut shapes coordinate with stamps! One of the problems with the baby bug, however, is that it only cuts in 1/2" increments, so I can't cut at the exact sizes of the stamps, which are 2-1/4" and 1-3/4". But that's ok, that just means there's not as much of an outline around the stamped image.

The paper is from a paper stack I got at Joann's ages ago. The eyelet lace is from Hobby Lobby. The green cardstock is CTMH New England Ivy and the red is cheapo cardstock I got at Michael's.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Mara... said...

Your big layered flower is gorgeous!!

Mandy Leahy {CTMH} said...

Love the flower!!! Super cute!

Donna said...

I love your card! The flower is beautiful. There really is SO MUCH on the Art Philosophy Cartridge.

Crafty Texan said...

So glad to know I'm not the only one who just got this and is addicted already! ;) Love your card and the layered flower is FAB.

Jennifer Smith-Sloane said...

Have I told you how gorgeous this is?

Lisa said...

This looks great! It does look poinsettia-y... can't wait to try it!

Ashley said...

Love that layered flower... and love how you added the bling on the flower center at the end.

Haley D. said...

It's never too early for Christmas! That big flower is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at H2H Challenges!