Sunday, September 11, 2011

Color Challenge - Lagoon, Sunset, Outdoor Denim

The challenge at Heart 2 Heart this past week was to use any color combo you choose! (I'm squeaking my entry in just in time!) They want to see OUR favorite color combos...I love this idea because I found some new ideas. This card is also for Practical Scrappers' feature on cards with Chevrons or Hexagons.

I have been into this color combo ever since I saw it on one of CTMH's videos several months back: Lagoon, Sunset, and Outdoor Denim. You can see the layout I originally used this combo on here. While I had this color combo out, I made the companion page to form a 2-page layout, but I'll share that in a couple of days :) For now, I have these mini cards to share...
Here's a close-up of those fun Milepost Shapes. I brushed on a light coat of white acrylic paint to add some extra texture.The chevron paper retired from Stampin' Up.


I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies used:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful website. So informative and you have the BEST ideas. Thank you for sharing......Chaylene

Haley D. said...

Great cards! I like how you used the same color combo but in different ways, and the painted milepost shapes are so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!