Thursday, September 29, 2011

CTMH Typeset & Cricut Art Philosophy Card

I'm so proud to have combined THREE challenges for this card...and it actually came together so easily!

I used the color inspiration from Play Date Cafe...
 

Along with the Mojo Monday sketch for this week...
 
And Heart 2 Heart's challenge is to make the sentiment the focus of your project. I started with a 4x4 kraft card base and used the new Typeset paper from CTMH. I thought this paper was perfect for the color challenge, plus it matches the typeset patterns in the inspiration photo.
 

It's kind of hard to see it in the picture, but I second-generation stamped a swirly image behind the sentiment in Creme Brulee ink to add a little more depth (you can see better in the photo above).


I cut out the bracket square shapes (2" and 2.5") and swirls (4")  using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. The swirls were actually the corner swirl on page 58 of the booklet. I tore the piece at the corner and used it as 2 pieces, then covered in glitter gel! I also added a thin border of glitter around the small bracket, as well as inked the edge in Creme Brulee ink.

I used this adorable exclusive stamp set that I got from CTMH this past July for attending Convention. It's fun because Convention was at Disneyland, but it's also proved to be a very versatile set.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful Friday!

6 comments:

Haley D. said...

Great trio of challenges for your card! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome card, Jayma!! Love the papers and those flourishes are beautiful! Of course a little sparkle is always good, too :)

Lisa said...

Wonderful card Jayma! Love the pretty sentiment label!

Julie Day said...

Love the design of this card! The sectioned of parts are fab and that sentiment panel ties it together perfectly :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

So pretty. I love how you combined all of those DP's and that wine swirl is the perfect way to finish it all off. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Pamela O'Connor said...

Great job combining all those challenges! Love your attention to detail and that quote is one of my favorites now. =) Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!