Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fresno State {What's in a Frame}

This is my {What's in a Frame} Fresno State-style! My hubby's boss at Fresno State (Bulldog Foundation) left about a month before my hubby did. We (his co-workers and myself) wanted to do something special for him to remember Fresno by. So I made this {What's in a Frame} with a photo collage of different events, and added his business card and some fun Fresno State memorabilia that related to his job.

I covered the chipboard letters in red cardstock and stamped a grid pattern from the Noted Backgrounds stamp set (retired) for some added dimension.

The metal Green V and Bulldog are lapel pins...I clipped the pin part off the back and adhered with several glue dots. The large Bulldog was a sticker. I stuck it onto clear acetate and cut it out because I didn't want to use it as a sticker. This also gave it a little dimension.
I wasn't there when he opened it, but I think he liked it :) My hubby thought it was so cool he wants me to make one for him for Fresno State and all future schools he works at. (He works in Development for collegiate athletics and typically there's a bit of moving around.) He just started at Wazzu, based in their Seattle office...so far I'm loving it in Seattle so I hope we stay here a while :)

Here are a couple of other Fresno State memorabilia items that are special to my hubby. He wanted them framed them so he could display them in his office :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of your Labor Day weekend!

No comments: