Monday, September 12, 2011

Halloween Card for My Niece and Nephew

Halloween is not big in my house...mostly because we don't have kids yet. But I love Halloween decor, and who can resist this adorable Wicked stamp set from Close to my Heart?! I love sending cards to my niece (3) and nephew (1.5), so this one is for them.

If you got this stamp set during the big August Stamp of the Month special last month and are wondering what do to with it...here's an idea.

Close to my Heart is always ahead of the trends. Hexagons are so in right now, and I love this honeycomb-looking stamp. It adds a nice background for this sassy witch. I also love the new Mischief paper. This orange (Sunset) side of the paper is pretty Halloween-ish, but the other side is great for any time. All of CTMH's paper is cardstock weight and 2-sided. So you can use this paper pack for Halloween and all the leftovers the are still good for the rest of the year!
I added some glitter to her boots and under her hat. A sassy witch needs some bling, right?

My niece loves animals. I mean L.O.V.E.S. animals! So every card I send her needs to have animals for her to point out. No matter how small they are, she finds them. There's a bird on the front of the card, and I added a little kitty (one of her favorites) to the inside. Knowing her, she'll probably even point out the worm hanging out of the bird's mouth! This kid doesn't miss a beat!
I used the Sketch 132 from Card Patterns this week for my card.

I hope you're inspired to make your own Halloween card(s)! Happy creating!

Supplies Used:

3 comments:

jennheffer said...

Jayma!!!! This is sooo darn cute!!!! I love it!!

Crafty Texan said...

Love that bling on the witch! Such a fun card.

whoistracy said...

So cute and spooky!! So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!