Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Snowflakes, 3D Flowers & Burlap Bag Using Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge

Hi everyone!
I haven't been creating quite as much as usual because I've been job-searching. But I do have this fun bag to share with you.

I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the bag and pushed the "Fit to Page" button (you'll need at least a 12x12 mat). The size of the bag once all folded up is perfect for giving a gift card...and the presentation is a gift in itself! I also cut out the 3D flowers and holly leaves with this cartridge. It has everything!


How fun are the 3D flowers?! They are SO easy to make with the Art Philosophy cartridge. There are actually six 3D flowers to choose from! I cut these ones at 4", 3.5", and 3", then inked the edges, and twirled them round and round and adhered with hot glue. (You can also use quick-dry tacky glue or liquid glass, but I opted for hot glue because it dries fastest and I'm impatient.) Once the flowers were assembled, I curled and scrunched the edges down a bit to make them look more natural. Then I used hot glue to adhere everything onto the bag, since I had it out.

The snowflake paper is from The Christmas Stack from DCWV a few years ago, and the fun burlap is from Paper Zone...a great store I found pretty close to my house :) I was able to cut the burlap with my paper trimmer, then frayed the edges a bit. To add a little more fun and depth to one of the leaves, I stamped some polka dots from the CTMH Spot On stamp set (retired). You can use any stamp, background or otherwise, to jazz up your leaves.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great rest of your week!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

So cool! Love the colors!