Friday, November 11, 2011

Budget-Friendly Christmas Gift: Button Rings

I've shared these button rings with you before but I thought they were worth another post during my Crafting on a Budget series because they make such wonderful gifts and are inexpensive to make!
 
I especially love to use Close to my Heart's buttons because they have such pretty shapes and designs in them. Plus they're only $5.95 for a package of 24-72 buttons! You can see/order all the colors of CTMH buttons on my website HERE. (Have you seen the prices of fancy buttons at the craft stores lately? They run upwards of $2 just for a few buttons!) However, sometimes I must splurge if I see something I really love, and I also love to use vintage buttons when I find some great ones.

Here are some button rings that I've made. I've given them as gifts numerous times and they're always a big hit. Scroll to the bottom to see a video on how to make your own!

WARNING: These are addicting to make. You can't make just one! Just know that if you start, everyone on your Christmas list will be receiving rings because you won't be able to stop. Be sure you have adequate supplies :)

The blue flower on the bottom is from the Blue Assortment, clear flower from the Clear assortment, and the white/rhinestone is from a (retired) Tim Holtz Idea-ology pack.

The white flower button on the bottom is from the Basic Assortment and the pink is from—you guessed it—the Pink Assortment. The flower on top is retired from Stampin' Up. I like to cover the holes of the buttons with a rhinestone so they're not "naked." This rhinestone is from the Red, Pink & Purple assortment.

This ring is two vintage buttons separated by a clear button.

This one isn't actually made from buttons. It's a Shimmer Brad with a giant jewel brad (from Michael's) on top.


Here's a video I created if you're interested in making these yourself.


Supplies you'll need:
  • Hot glue
  • E6000 glue
  • Ring blanks (look on ebay)
  • Lots of buttons!
  • Rhinestone sparkles



I'm Crafting on a Budget all month long! To see my previous posts in the series, click here.

Happy crafting!

Follow Jayma on Twitter: @jaymalew
"Like" Playing with Paper on Facebook

No comments: