Saturday, November 19, 2011

Create Your Own Wedding Bouquets From a Book

I've teased you for a while now about this Bridal bouquet...
Are you ready to see the final products?!

Here's my close-up of the Bride's and Maid of Honor's bouquets.
But just wait. Since this was my very good friend's wedding, and her bestie was the photographer, I have amazing photos of these bouquets to share with you!
Here is the stunning Bride, Melissa, and her beautiful Maid of Honor/Photographer, Lauren. (Both of whom are great friends of mine!)
Everyone loved the bouquets so much that they became props in most of the photos. Here is the dashing Groom and his Best Man showing off the bouquets, as well as their fun button boutonnieres. (I also made the boutonnieres but I'm saving those for another post.)
This bouquet project was inspired by this post that Melissa saw—she fell in love with the book-page flowers. (She is, after all, a book worm.) Knowing I'm the crafty diva that I am, and that I offered to help with her wedding, she asked if I'd be able to create something similar for her bouquet.

I believe my reply was something like, "YES! I'd love to! I just got the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and it would be perfect for creating those 3D flowers!"

Thus began my mission to create the most spectacular bouquet. The best part is that she can display it in her home for years to come...and maybe even let friends borrow it to use at their weddings (if they're lucky)!

If you are on a budget for your wedding, this bouquet is perfect for you, but be prepared to spend many hours creating it. If you're willing to put in the time, this will be a very budget-friendly bouquet. (See my video tutorial below.)

If you are short on time, however, and would rather purchase the wedding bouquet(s) from me, you can purchase them in my Etsy shop fully assembled. {Sorry, I am no longer offering them assembled in my Etsy shop. I had a baby and don't have the time anymore. But I do offer a template kit for you to make your own flowers. Please feel free to ask me questions—I know you can make one yourself!}

Below is a video tutorial I put together to show you how to create the wedding bouquets yourself.

Supplies you'll need:
  • Cricut die-cutting machine (You need a 12x12 mat)
  • Art Philosophy Collection (Cricut cartridge)
  • Book with pretty pages, at least 8" tall/wide
  • Foam ball (I used 5" for the large bouquet)
  • Pearl-tip pins
  • Piercing Tool
  • 3 sharpened pencils (I started using more pencils for the large bouquet)
  • Floral tape
  • Ribbon (I used 1-1/2" width)
  • Hot glue gun
Note: I used a Bible to create many bridal bouquets, including the one in this video. I bought it specifically for crafting purposes at a used book store, and love the significance of carrying the Bible down the aisle. If you do not wish to cut a Bible, you may use any other book of your choice.


If you find my blog and tutorials helpful, you can support me by purchasing from my Etsy shop or by purchasing CTMH papercrafting supplies, like the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection. Shop on my website >

Happy creating!


I have more Crafting on a Budget coming up all month long! Make sure you don't miss a thing...

Follow my blog here or click "Join this site" on the left sidebar
Follow me on Twitter: @jaymalew
"Like" my Facebook page


The photos of Melissa's wedding above were taken by Lauren Natalie Photography in conjunction with Lisa Conrad Photography. If you live in the San Diego area and are in need of a photographer for your wedding, baby shower, family photos, or anything else, I highly recommend Lauren of Lauren Natalie Photography. She's taken several of my wedding photos, my family photos, my sister's baby shower photos, and many of my friends' wedding photos.

I've entered my bouquets into an Art Philosophy blog hop hosted by Lisa Stenz! Hop along here...


I'm also linking up to...
Tatertots & Jello
My Girlish Whims
House of Hepworths
The DIY Showoff

10 comments:

Carrie said...

These are beautiful! What a great and unique idea.

sandra said...

The wedding flowers is most used in one or more information to the wedding to iwedplanner.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

what a fun idea!! they would look great as pomanders too I bet!

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday :)

tripletasking said...

This is beautiful....I love that you even made them from a bible...I think that it make it extra special. The ribbon on the bottom just adds that touch of color.
Come and check out my paper flowers at http://tripletasking.com/2011/11/19/book-flowers/

Karisa

Denise said...

I love this! How beautiful! Very creative.

Lisa Stenz said...

Jayma, these are the most incredible bouquets I have ever seen! You are so amazingly creative!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us for the blog hop! *Ü*

Christine Adams said...

Wow! VERY creative, and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

Romaine said...

Lovely, Jayma! I liked seeing the beginning of the assembly, I had no idea thenflowers were so large!

Claire said...

This looks amazing-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

Haley D. said...

What a gorgeous idea, especially to make it from pages of a Bible! This is such a treasure for the bride & groom.