Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Make Your Own Christmas Cards & Scrapbook on a Budget


Today begins my series on Crafting on a Budget. Throughout November I'll be sharing budget-friendly Christmas cards & other projects, plus tricks of the trade to help make your crafting supplies go farther.

These days many of us are tight on money. And unfortunately, like me, you may have less of a crafting budget than you used to. But with the Christmas season approaching we have an opportunity to show off our mad crafting skills by making our OWN Christmas/holiday cards! The good news is that by making your own cards you'll probably spend LESS than you would ordering Christmas cards online or buying boxed cards from your local big box store, plus you'll have invested in supplies that will keep on giving!

If you haven't crafted in a while or are just beginning your collection, don't worry! Throughout the month I'm going to show you how you can get some versatile stamps for scrapbooking/cardmaking PLUS supplies to make your Christmas cards on a budget!

Today I want to start out my series with Close to my Heart's November specials. Because, well, what's better for your budget than a great deal?! These specials will help you more affordably stock up on some stamp sets to use for your Christmas cards as well as scrapbooking or other projects.

Special #1: Holiday Wishes stamp set for $5. You can get this adorable set (perfect for making your Christmas cards and decorating your Christmas scrapbook pages) for just $5 when you purchase $25 in MyAcrylix stamps in November. What a deal! That means you can invest in a couple of versatile stamp sets for your cards or scrapbook pages and add this set for just $5 more! As a bonus, if you have the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, you can use it to cut out the shapes included in this stamp set.

Special #2: Stamp of the Month for $5. If you add another $25 in any CTMH products to your $25+ stamp order, you also qualify for the Stamp of the Month, Cherish the Day, for just $5 as well! That's 2 bonus stamp sets for only $10! And they're both so versatile!

Shop Close to my Heart products now >

I'll be back tomorrow with a step-by-step tutorial of my first budget-friendly Christmas card. I'll be using the Believe paper and will use limited embellishments to make it affordable, but still spectacular!

Have questions? Leave a comment or email me. Be sure to follow my blog for more ideas on making your own Christmas cards, anytime cards, scrapbook pages, and home decor!

Happy stamping!

Follow Jayma on Twitter: @jaymalew
"Like" my Facebook page

No comments: