Thursday, January 19, 2012

Clean and Simple Valentine Cards

Welcome to Day 4 of the "Love me Do" Valentine's Blog Hop! Today I'm featuring Clean & Simple (CAS) cards. I love the CAS look...it tends to be more focused so the pretty paper and/or stamping really stands out. Plus, when you have several to create they're quick to put together!

I recently bought a 6x6 My Mind's Eye "Honey Cake" paper pad that is not Valentine-themed, but it had some great paper to work with for a Valentine's card.

I cut out the hearts on my Cricut with the Art Philosophy cartridge (1-1/4") and stamped the "string" from the CTMH Paper Lantern stamp set. The stamp at the bottom is my favorite...it is the reason I'm even sending Valentine cards (normally I don't). But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to use the "Sending love from Seattle" sentiment to my family who is all out of state. I picked it up from Impress--one of my favorite stores I've found up here in the PNW.

I also created this variation using the lanterns from the Paper Lantern stamp set, but I don't really like how it turned out.

Don't forget that on January 24th we will be giving away a collection of goodies from the group to one lucky participant. To enter, you'll need to fill out a Google Docs form on Live.Teach.Create on January 20th, asking various questions about the posts throughout the week. All those who enter the correct answers will have a chance to win!

Now it's time to visit Tasha's blog.

Thanks for stopping by!




 

1 comment:

Brenda Frerichs said...

Terrific Valentine's card! I absolutely love the sentiment. Oh how I miss the PNW!