Monday, January 9, 2012

Fabric-Wrapped Bangle Bracelets and Rosette Rings

You may have noticed that in addition to paper crafting, I like to make jewelry every now and then. I have never gotten too fancy in my jewelry designs, but this year I was inspired by so much jewelry on Pinterest that I got more into it than in the past. I made some really cool pieces as Christmas gifts (if I do say so myself).

First up is an upcycle project. My cousin gave me 2 plastic bangles that she never wore, assuming I could do something cool with them. And she was right :) I decided to take some fabric scraps that I had been hoarding to turn them into trendy and fun little bracelet and ring sets. I left the edges raw because I like the raveled look.


I gave the pink and gray set to my sister because it matches the Statement Necklace I gave her for her birthday. And the green and black one went to my good friend Melissa (the same Melissa who just got married and was on the receiving end of my paper flower bouquets).

If you'd like to learn how to make the fabric rosettes on the bracelet and ring, I created a video a while back on how to make a statement necklace which includes these flowers. You can find it here.

I made some more jewelry as Christmas gifts so I'll be sharing them in the near future as well. Some of them were Anthropologie-inspired!

Thanks for visiting, I hope you are able to do something creative today!

No comments: