Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Teacher {What's in a Frame}

Now that Christmas is over and I'm back home I get to share some of the Christmas gifts I made this year!

First up is a Teacher version of my {What's in a Frame} decor. This was for my sister-in-law, Stephanie, who is a 2nd grade teacher (and all the kids' favorite teacher to boot!).


Steph has been on 3 missions trips to Africa and the Bible verse I included is special to her: "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to some of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'" ~Matthew 25:40

I found the quote on Pinterest, it says "It's not so much what is poured into the student, but what is planted by the teacher that really counts." I really love that...it's so true! I printed both the quote and Bible verse on my printer after laying out just how I wanted in InDesign.

The paper I used is Typeset from Close to my Heart. I love that CTMH's paper now has "zip strips," an extra 1/2" on all pieces of paper that you can use as a border. That's what the alphabet border is. I also used some sparkles and mocha opaques to embellish, along with tickets cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and stamped with stamps from You & Me (retired). (If you have a Cricut and don't have Art Philosophy, check it out...it's a must-have collection!!)

Oh, and she LOVED it. She has seen all of my {What's in a Frame} decor and loves them...she even gifted one to a friend. She got choked up when she opened this :) That's what I love about completely customized gifts!


I hope you enjoyed and that you were inspired to create something today.

Have a wonderful week.

You can see all my {What's in a Frame} decor here >

Order your own customized {What's in a Frame} here >

1 comment:

Corinna said...

This is just gorgeous!! I have been wanting to make one of the other framed names that you have too! Really, you are just fabulous girl! :D