Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cupcake Baby Name Nursery Decor {What's in a Frame}

I had so much fun creating this girly girl cupcake nursery decor! I was so excited to receive this order because the cupcake theme was new to me, and my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge has a great cupcake shape!

I love creating all the frames I have done, but I especially love when I can add some glitter and bling ;) What's girl's life is complete without it, right?
 
To create the glitter "frosting," I squirted a little silver glitter gel on the cupcake and spread it with my finger. Once it was dry it curled a bit so I used lots of adhesive to glue it down. The letters were also cut on my Cricut with Art Philosophy. I used double-sided sticky paper and once I stuck each letter to its square I sprinkled it with silver Martha Stewart glitter. (If you don't have the Art Philosophy Cricut collection yet...you seriously need it! More info >)

Do you recognize all the CTMH paper I used? They're listed below.

I also made this matching light switch cover using one of the papers from the frame and the same cupcake shape from the Cricut. (Pardon the wavy paper...I took the pic before it was completely dry...oops!)


This is Julia's cupcake crib bedding that I used as inspiration to be sure I matched her nursery perfectly. Cute, right?!
Have a happy, crafty day!

See all my {What's in a Frame} decor >
Visit my Etsy shop >
Paper used: CTMH Tickled pink, Daydream, Notebook, Sweet leaf cardstock stamped with Hit the Spot, chocolate cardstock, blush cardstock.

P.S. I still have stamp sets, paper, and accessories for sale. And I went through my stash yet AGAIN and added even more deals! Here are a few, and check everything out HERE.

 
 
 
See everything >

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is so adorable. Guess what? I finally started a name frame! Ehem...mind you my little one is 4 and I wanted to do this since she was like 2 but hey better late than never. Love the cupcakes!

Michelle Hanway said...

love this! the cupcakes are super sweet!