Saturday, March 17, 2012

Baby Girl {What's in a Frame} to Match Pottery Barn Animal Parade Crib Bedding

Here's another {What's in a Frame} I made for a baby girl.The nursery is decorated to match Pottery Barn's Animal Parade crib bedding, and I think this matches pretty darn perfectly. I love the pink and brown and those cute animals. It's hard to see in the photo, but the animal paper is glittered!

Unfortunately I didn't get a great straight-on shot, but it still looks cute. To create the giraffe, I printed off some clip art from my computer onto regular printer paper. Then I adhered the clip art page to CTMH chocolate cardstock and cut it out (through both pages). That way I could use cardstock that matches perfectly. If I had printed the giraffe with printer ink it would fade over time. The cardstock won't! (Unless you put it in direct sunlight...so don't do that!)

Make sure that you adhere the clip art backwards...the opposite side of the cardstock will be the side that faces up. You could just hold the pages in place so either side could be used, but then you run the risk of the paper slipping and not cutting out just right, and we wouldn't want that. Especially with all the detail in this image...it took a while to cut out.

Since I shipped the frame straight to the mom-to-be for her Baby Shower from the customer, I made a matching little 4x4 card to include with it for her. I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the bracket shapes. Love that cartridge...so many possibilities!

Here's the Animal Parade crib bedding from Pottery Barn that I was matching. I think that animal paper was pretty perfect, don't you?

See all my {What's in a Frame} decor >
Visit my Etsy shop >

Happy creating!

Supplies used (CTMH unless noted):
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, DCWV Animal Crackers paper, More to Adore paper, chocolate cardstock, chocolate ink, pink buttons, mocha opaques, coloniel white & chocolate waxy flax, coloniel white button, pink sparkle, clear sparkle, coloniel white designer brad, hollyhock arrow/brad, retired chocolate collection ribbon

Free Art Philosophy Collection in March!
Don't forget you can still get the AWESOME offer on the New Consultant Kit throughout the rest of March. When you sign up to be a Consultant you'll receive the Art Philosophy Cricut collection OR $100 in product for FREE with your kit. It's only $99 to sign up and you'll get over $400 in goodies! More info >

1 comment:

Lynden Blossom said...

Hello - I'm visiting you via your post on LinkedIn today- Darling Baby things!!
Lynden
http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788