Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Link with Love" Blog Hop for Practical Scrappers

Hi, Friends!

Welcome to the Practical Scrappers "Linking with Love" Blog Hop! We believe it is important to always give credit when it is due to another crafter. For this unique hop all of our design team members used the same inspiration piece to create their project. Each of them will make an example of themselves as to how to properly "Link with Love" and credit the inspiration. We'll be running the hop thru Noon EST on Sunday—so you have plenty of time to get thru it!

Liz Qualman created this beautiful layout that we have all used for inspiration. Each of us will tell what part we took our inspiration from. The whole hop will culminate at Liz's blog where she'll provide us with a new sketch for inspiration.

And here's the project I created from Liz's inspiration...



I was inspired by Liz's bright colors so I pulled out this paper that I've had since 2007 from We R Memory Keepers' White Out collection. I love the paper so much that I've been hoarding it. Guess I don't use really bright colors in my scrapbooking very often. Glad I finally put it to use...now I just need to use up the rest of it! I was also inspired by the circles around the edge of Liz's layout, and after looking through her sketch gallery I found this sketch I liked and also had edge circles, so I used it for this layout.After finishing my layout I realize I also used flowers and butterflies, which worked well with the paper. I must have been subliminally inspired by Liz's flowers and butterflies, too ;)

You can find Liz's original post, along with her fabulous accompanying sketch on her blog here.

Now head on over to Amber Goble's blog. Many of the designers are providing prizes at their stop and Practical Scrappers is providing a prize for one person who becomes a follower at each stop (for all the details head over to Practical Scrappers).

Free Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge!
For those of you who are new to my blog...gotta let you know that you can get the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge for FREE during March! When you sign up to be a Close to my Heart Consultant for just $99 you'll get the Art Philosophy Collection (a $99 value) added to your kit for free...or you can get $100 in products instead if you'd like! I'd be happy to answer any questions :) More info here >

Thanks for hopping by!

"Like" Playing with Paper on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter 

Supplies:
Paper: We R Memory Keepers White Out, Black cardstock
Embellishments: Recollections paper flowers, CTMH Irresistible Dimensional Element from You and Me Kit, CTMH clear flower button, CTMH Splendor brad, Stampin' Up orange button, CTMH Flutter paper shapes, CTMH silver glitz glitter gel
Ink/stamps: Elemental WOTG stamp set, SU Riding Hood Red ink, SU Kiwi Kiss ink, CTMH Lagoon Ink, black StazOn ink

20 comments:

Liz said...

OMG - I think I have that same paper in my stash too! Was it really 2007??? Where have been. Beautiful page :)

Ann said...

I like the circles layered under your photo stack, Jayma!
- Ann
www.lovestnpaper.com

Christa said...

Great design. Those three diagonal photos are a great! That paper is wonderful!

Carolina said...

That is such a beautiful layout! I love your colours!!!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Love all these bright colors you used!!!!

Me-Ma Kim said...

I am hopping along today!I am a new follower. Your Layout is GORGEOUS!! LOVE all the colors!! TFS and have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim
kimnsammy at gmail dot com

Michelle said...

I love the bright colors!

Brett said...

I also have that same paper in my stash! I love what you did with it! Great page! :)

AmyJ said...

I love the bright colors. Very lovely layout. Thanks for sharing

Rachelle said...

Now following your blog. Love the LO. Awesome colors and design. Time to hop along.

Cathy said...

I have that paper in my stash too! This is just stunning! love it!

Donna said...

so pretty, love all the bright flowers

Stephanie U said...

Your page is just stunning!

Caroline said...

great use of that paper, well done on using it. Great layout :)

Teresa Jaye said...

Jayma I love your bright and happy layout - the pictures are so sweet and the paper is perfect! I am a new follower!

Laureen said...

Hopping around and I am your new follower! Nice LO!

Audrey Yeager said...

What fantastic colors! Such a bright fun page!

croppinmama said...

I love the bright colors. I'm a new follower.

scrappin_mom3 said...

Great page Jayma! Love the bright colors and you know I have that paper as well ;)

hugs,
Kerri

Heather P said...

Lovely project, so bright and colorful! I am your newest follower :)
Heather P
www.heather-p.blogspot.com