Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Butterflies & Flowers Bella {What's in a Frame}

Here's my latest {What's in a Frame} nursery decor. I still have 3 more to make in the next 1-2 weeks, so you'll have plenty more to see!

I used CTMH's Bella retired paper pack to create this design. I just love those purples and greens (my wedding was similar colors!). Do you see the new product I snuck in here? Look at the butterfly below. It's part of the Color-ready garden wooden shapes. The wood is so pretty just left as-is, or sponge some ink on it to make it any color you'd like! I sponged the edges with some smokey plum ink.

To create the glittery flower center I squeezed some liquid glass onto a chipboard circle. Then I sprinkled liberally with Martha Stewart glitter (I mixed brownstone & smokey quartz). I LOVE liquid glass. It's such a multi-tasker...it's a super strong clear adhesive, or you can use it on your projects to give a raised/glossy finish. It's definitely a must-have in your craft supplies.

I also love these chipboard butterflies. They are irresistibles, which means when you sponge ink on them you are left with the pretty white pattern. Guess what?! The Miracle Irresistibles are on clearance for only $1. SCORE! Go snag some!! (And check out the rest of the clearance deals!)


Thanks for stopping by! Remember I'm paying your shipping and tax on all new CTMH orders through April! Check out the Idea Book online and then send me your wish list! Details here >

I still have some deals left in my "Shop my Stash" super sale. Plus I'll be adding even more items soon! Check them out >

3 comments:

Kigz said...

Beautiful! Wish I had been around for the Bella kit...love that color combo. What a wonderful framed art idea!

Kim said...

So cute! What are the dimensions of the smaller squares? I'm going to make this for my baby girl ....thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Jayma Malme said...

Thanks, ladies! Kim, This post includes all the dimensions I use. I'd love to see once you finish yours! http://jaymamalme.blogspot.com/2010/08/baby-name-frame-using-cricut-double.html