Monday, April 16, 2012

DIY Burlap Magnets

Happy Monday! Today I'm sharing some magnets I created as a gift. I found this fun printed burlap at a local specialty paper store called Paper Zone (which is unfortunately out of business now).


I used some clear decorative stones I found in the floral section at my local craft store. I adhered the burlap to the stones with a generous amount of Mod Podge. Once it dried, I adhered a white piece of cardstock of the same size to the back of the burlap with more Mod Podge. (Since the burlap has holes, I didn't want to be able to see through it.) Then I added more Mod Podge to seal it all up.

Once everything was dry I added a small button magnet to the back with some hot glue. And there you have it, a fun set of burlap magnets!


Thanks for stopping by...have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Just me said...

Oh the possibilities! Love your magnets! You have my mind wandering now, thinking about all the things that can be used as well as the burlap! Although I do have to say that the burlap looks GREAT!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Christa said...

These are super innovative. I love the pattern the burlap makes.