Saturday, April 14, 2012

Snow Dog Scrapbook Page Using CTMH Wonderland

My husband and I LOVE going to the snow. We are both snowboarders, and we have a husky who LIVES to play in the snow, so it's safe to say we take trips to the snow several times each winter. When we lived in California we would go to Mammoth Mountain for days at a time because my in-laws have a condo there. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a cabin in Washington yet. So we've gone on a few day trips.

All that to say, I have a lot of snow pictures. And I finally got around to scrapping some of them. I used the CTMH Wonderland paper pack (now retired) for this fun layout. These pictures are probably my all-time favorite of Oslo. They totally capture his personality when he's in the snow :)


I used the Trinity Alphabet stamp set with White Daisy pigment ink for the title to mimic snow. I love the look of using pigment ink, especially for this, but I hate using it. It's so darn messy! But what won't we do to achieve the look in our head?! I had to stamp it a couple of times so it was thick enough. Thank goodness for CTMH's clear MyAcrylix stamps!

The half-doily strip of paper is the zip strip from one of the papers. All of CTMH's patterned paper has a 1/2" zip strip on it that makes a great border on your cards or scrapbook pages. Once you cut it off you are still left with a 12"x12" piece of paper.

These fun clear snowflakes are from the Top Coats Icing Overlays, which are—you guessed it—retired. They actually sold out quickly...they were a hot item! The blue snowflake is a dimensional element and I topped it with a shimmer brad and some silver glitz glitter gel.

The layout I used is called Performance from the Magic how-to book. Using this book made the layout come together SO quickly. I love how it includes cutting diagrams so you know what sizes to cut your paper. If you're looking for a way to create your scrapbook layouts quickly, I highly recommend this book. And you'd better act fast, because it's actually retiring! *sob*  You can check out all the scrapbooking and cardmaking how-to books here.

Free Shipping & No Tax

You can purchase any of these current items or any other new Close to my Heart items on my website, and in April I'm paying your shipping and tax! Details here >

No comments: