Saturday, May 5, 2012

Altered $1 Frame for Mother's Day (or Anytime) with CTMH Stella

Happy National Scrapbooking Day, everyone! I hope you're doing something crafty today. I will be doing a little crafting for some Etsy orders tonight, but my husband and I have good friends in town this weekend from SoCal, so we'll be doing some sightseeing most of the day.

But I still have a project to share with you! Here's a cute little frame I made for my Mother's Day workshop using one of the $1 unfinished frames from Michael's craft store. I was inspired by the one Kelly English-Triggs made here. I just loved her style so I put my spin on it with the Stella paper pack from CTMH.


Lots of fun embellishments going on with this frame (I'm an embellishment lover). I used the Love Life stamp set for the swirl and "Live. Laugh. Love." sentiment. I love the fun swirls and background stamps in this set, plus some all-purpose shapes and sentiments. Other embellishments include a bling button, color-ready garden wooden shape, paradise paper flower, heart cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, and that fabulous pinwheel made from just a strip of paper.

To create the pinwheel I cut a 12" strip of paper at 1-1/2" and used a Martha Stewart border punch on one side to get the lacy edge. Then I scored it every 1/4" on my Martha Stewart score board, accordion-folded it, and glued the 2 edges together. To turn it into a pinwheel, I bunched together the non-lacy side and pushed it down flatten it into a pinwheel and hot-glued it to a smaller circle. Make sense? You can watch Lisa Stenz's video on it here.

Have a wonderful National Scrapbooking Day!

3 comments:

Allisa said...

Great frame!

Kelly Triggs said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love your Stella version!!

Leslie said...

Jayma, I love your frame. I wish I had your gift for embellishments. What adhesive did you use for covering the frame with the B&T? I am afraid to use Mod Podge as it can cause the paper to wrinkle but how do you cover the entire surface of the paper with a dry adhesive? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks