Sunday, May 6, 2012

Blinged Out Flower Pot Mother's Day Card Using CTMH Stella

Today I'm sharing a special card I made for my mom for Mother's Day, and while I'm at it, I'm entering it into Heart2Heart's challenge this week. I haven't played along with H2H in a while, and this week the challenge is to share something created for mom. My mom is a florist so I almost always make things for her that involve flowers. (Mom, if you're reading this...don't look any farther til after Mother's Day!) :)

This year she gets a whole pot of blinged out flowers! She's like me—we both LOVE us some bling! This card was inspired by one I saw on the Scrapbooks, etc website by Tracy Kyle (via Pinterest). My version uses 3 different flowers cut on the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge in various sizes. I just love that cartridge...it has everything!


The flowers lift out of the pot to reveal your message. 

Look at all that bling...oooooh, so pretty! I used a combination of bling buttons and rhinestone designer brads from CTMH. For the brads, I snipped off the brad part with some pliers so I was left with just the top rhinestones, and adhered them with glue dots. It's pretty top-heavy, so be sure you're working with heavy cardstock-weight paper like CTMH's, and you may want some extra layers for reinforcement.


The paper I used is from CTMH's Stella Paper pack. One of the things I love most about CTMH is how everything coordinates perfectly. I have 6 different patterns to work with from one paper pack and they all coordinate together beautifully.

You can see a similar card I made for my mom 2 years ago using the Bella paper pack here. There's a link to a tutorial on that post.

I hope you're enjoying your National Scrapbooking weekend...have a great day!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful! Love all those flowers and bling! Stella is my favorite! She will love it!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Beautiful card Jayma. Just love it!

Crafty Texan said...

Great job on this card! Love all the flowers and bling with that pattenred paper in Stella. So pretty!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Beautiful bling and flowers, Jayma. Your Mama will "grow" new appreciation for your art and you!
Thanks for playing H2H!