Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Gabriel's {What's in a Frame} - Blues, Greens, Browns With Pennants

You may recognize this design from Max's frame. I had originally designed Max's so that the frame would look good with such a short name, but the result was a new frame style that I absolutely adore. Don't you love when that happens? 

Gabriel's mom and dad loved it too, so they ordered one for him. His room has these same blue and green colors with fish accents, so I incorporated them into the frame. Cute, huh?

I traced the chipboard letters onto cocoa cardstock, then cut them out with my micro-tip scissors. I then stamped each letter with the Universal Backgrounds stamp set from CTMH for some added texture and tied hemp around a few of the letters. (Have I mentioned how much I love background stamps? You can do so much with them!)

To cut the fish, I found some clip art, printed it and cut it out, then traced and cut it out of cardstock and inked around the edges. I also added some buttons and milepost shapes (corrugated cardboard) from CTMH.

I mixed paper from CTMH (sand and green w/ dots are from Footloose) and DCWV (trees, stripes, plaid from the Green Stack). The blue cardstock is CTMH Pacifica and the green cardstock is Clover from Paper Source.

I hope you are inspired to make some home decor of your own!

You can see all of my other {What's in a Frame} decor HERE.

Thanks for visiting :)

Universal Backgrounds

1 comment:

Eva Friesen said...

What an awesome idea, Really nice!!!