Monday, June 25, 2012

Scallop-Shaped Card with Butterflies from Cricut Art Philosophy

I made this card almost completely with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. It was for my swap card for our team meeting. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures before the meeting so I took these mediocre photos at the last minute after swapping.


We were to use the Florentine paper pack, so I used a couple of the patterned papers with twilight and colonial white cardstock. I stamped the larger butterfly with a background stamp from Universal Backgrounds in cocoa ink. (You seriously need this set...I use it ALL the time.) A little bronze glitz glitter gel gave this butterfly a sparkly finishing touch.


Even the card base was cut on the Cricut. But here's a secret...I didn't use the scallop-shaped base. I used a regular circle card base. Then I cut out the scallop shape to adhere to the front of the circle card. I do this because when you cut out a shaped card on the Cricut, one of the sides is just straight. This way the scallop goes all the way around. (I learned this trick from Stephanie Baldwin, who, by the way, inspired this card.)

To purchase the Art Philosophy collection (or any of the other supplies I used), shop on my CTMH website.

Thanks for stopping by!

B2G1 Free Stamp Sale!
If you'd like the Universal Stamp Set I used, or any other stamps, now is the time to stock up! But you'd better hurry, because only in June CTMH is having the once-in-a-blue-moon Stampaganza sale! When you buy 2 stamp sets, you get 1 free! Plus I'll pay your shipping on orders over $99. (Details.Shop stamps >

To see some of my favorite and suggested sets, go here >  

June Stamp of the Month: $5 with a $50 purchase

 
Universal Backgrounds Stamp Set

Cricut Art Philosophy Collection


3 comments:

Tammy said...

Stunning! Love the card shape and the beautiful colors you used!

Lalia said...

So glad you posted your project. Since I wasn't there I'm not sure who made what at our team meeting. I love that card!

Sandra Rosario said...

Omg this is so gorgeous!!! love the butterflies!