Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Bugsday - Boy's 6th Birthday Invitation & Decorations

A few months ago I helped my friend Kendra with birthday invitations and decor for her son's sixth birthday party. The theme was "Happy Bugsday" and she had pinned a bunch of ideas on her Pinterest board, then shared the board with me. I used that inspiration to create all this fun bug-themed stuff!

First, the invitation, which was inspired by this one and this one. I think mine turned out cuter, though, if I do say so myself :) I found free clipart online and designed the layout in InDesign, then printed and mounted onto 5x7" cardstock. The "bug bites" are just a 2" scalloped circle punch! How clever! (Wish I could take the credit.)


I also made some cupcake toppers. One side has the same bugs as the invitation, and the other side is personalized with Connor's name and age. I punched the bugs and name with a 1-3/4" circle punch and mounted them onto bright colors punched with a 2" scalloped circle punch.



I forgot to get a good picture of the banner before sending it off, but here's a semi-decent closeup. I made lots of pinwheel flowers...let me tell you they took FOREVER. If you have that many pennants to make, I don't recommend you do these pinwheels. But they sure look cute!

Here's the "Happy Bugsday" banner hung up at the party...


I also made the little food signs to go in front of all the food she had out. I loved Kendra's "caterpillars" - they're so healthy! She put fruit on skewers and stuck them into grapefruit halves. So cute!



And here's the whole setup...


The party was a hit for all...I just may have to consider this cute theme someday :)

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Love the "Bugsday" theme! Super cute!