Saturday, July 21, 2012

Peek at Avonlea and Cricut Artiste Doily Shapes - Sympathy Card

This is the first item I made with the brand new Artiste Cricut collection from Close to my Heart. I am overwhelmed by how many images there are to choose from on the Artiste cartridge! I can't wait to play with all of the 3D images, but first, unfortunately, I needed to make a sympathy card.

I chose to use the Avonlea paper for the card, as it has subtle colors and has almost a shabby chic look to it. And I played with 3 of the new cuts from the cartridge. 
Don't you just love the yummy teal and green colors? They are new colors introduced in the Avonlea kit, but CTMH is offering new "seasonal" colors, in which you can only get the colors in this paper kit...you can't buy extra cardstock, ink, markers, etc. So you've gotta buy Avonlea to get these colors!

Here's a close-up of the intricate cuts on the doilies. I added some bronze glitz glitter gel for some sparkle. Some distressing in Desert Sand ink and the color-ready seam-binding ribbon finished off the look.

To make this card...
  1. Cut a 6x12" card base from kraft cardstock and score/fold it in half for a 6x6 card. 
  2. Cut 3 coordinating strips of Avonlea paper each at 1-3/4" x 5-3/4". 
  3. With Artiste, cut Accent 4 from page 37 of the handbook to stamp your sentiment onto. (I don't remember what sizes the Cricut cuts are since I was just playing around.)
  4. With Artiste, cut Accent 1 (big doily) and Accent 3 (small doily) from page 31 of the handbook.
  5. Stamp sentiment in desert sand ink (I used the Card Chatter - Sympathy stamp set).
  6. Ink edges of all paper/cuts in desert sand ink with a sponge dauber.
  7. Adhere sentiment piece onto small doily. Add foam squares to top and bottom of small doily and adhere to big doily (so ribbon can run under the center of the shape).
  8. Adhere/assemble the rest of the card. Run the ribbon under the small doily and tie around the base of the card.
  9. Add bronze glitz glitter gel.
To order Close to my Heart products, shop on my website >

More About Artiste
These Cricut shapes are just the tip of the iceberg of what the Cricut Artiste Collection has to offer. There are even more doilies...themed for holidays and anytime, plus matching borders, a font, banners, keys, fun shapes, tags, gears, dressforms/sewing shapes, paisley, silhouettes, Eiffel tower, chandelier, travel shapes, buttons, playing cards, wings, shields, carousel/carnival shapes, card bases, Christmas ornaments, flowers, leaves, hearts, puzzles, bows, butterflies, wedding shapes, baby shapes, frames, movie night shapes, love-themed shapes, birds, mustache, stars, robot, planet, rocket, cupcakes, tiaras, pinwheels, hot air balloon, cloud, sun, balloon, Halloween shapes (lots), owls, snowflakes, Christmas shapes, and lots of 3D items like boxes, purses, bags, cupcake liners.... I could go on and on! There are 700 all-new cuts!!

The Artiste collection is available to the public on August 1 for just $99, and I'm taking pre-orders! If you would like to pre-order the Artiste collection, I'll give you FREE shipping + a FREE Idea book! I'll place your Artiste order first thing on Aug 1 so you don't have to worry about remembering, and I will send your Idea Book NOW!

Here are more details about what you get in the collection... Pre-order here >

2 comments:

Amy said...

What an adorable little card! I love it!

Sandra Rosario said...

This is so gorgeous, I love the doily shapes!
www.365daysofcricut.blogspot.com