Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Damask Divas Blog Hop: Avonlea

Welcome to the Damask Divas blog hop! My awesome downline, Mandy Leahy, has done a fabulous job organizing this hop for her team (and graciously let me participate)! :) So sit back, relax, and follow along to see how beautiful, timeless, and versatile the Avonlea paper packet is!

Today is the first day that the products from the new Autumn/Winter Idea book are available! You can shop on my website for all the products shown here, and more!

You should have come from Dana's blog. If you started here and would like to start at the beginning, head on over to the Damask Divas blog.

Without further adieu, here is my project...


I wanted to show the versatility of this paper as well as highlight the fabulous new must-have Artiste Cricut cartridge. I was inspired by the small doily print on this beautiful aqua paper, and THIS card by Connie MacFarlane screamed "create me," so I did, with my own Avonlea vintage twist :) I think the doilies are so dainty and delicate, perfect for a baby girl card, so I added a light peachy pink cardstock to Avonlea (I think it is Adobe by Bazzill).

I LOVE Close to my Heart's new burlap ribbon. It's nice quality and doesn't shed all over the place like some burlap. I frayed the ends a little, which was easy to do. Because of its texture I chose hot glue to adhere the burlap (only under the doily so it doesn't show through) and to adhere the doily shape onto the ribbon. I used hot glue to assemble the 3D flowers as well...I like that it dries quickly and gives a nice hold. These are one of the four NEW flowers on the Artiste cartridge. The "B" is from the Art Philosophy cartridge. Artiste also has a font but it's sans serif, and I liked this font with the look of the card. I adhered it with some low-rise 3D foam.

Next up for your viewing pleasure is Melissa Lind >

Each month we'll be featuring a new paper pack from Close to my Heart's new Autumn/Winter Idea Book, which is live TODAY! You can view the new idea book online HERE, or I can ship one to you for FREE! I just ask that you pay $5 for Priority shipping, and in return I'll give you $5 off your next order with me. (Use the Paypal button below or on the right sidebar of my blog to get yours.)






In case you get lost, here is everyone participating in the blog hop...

Mandy Leahy
Gloria Shirr
Cydney Fowler
Amie Kiger
Crissy Worthen
Dana Taft
Jayma Malme  <--You are here
Melissa Lind
Carolyn Mendoza
Jeannie Resnick
Diana Mejia
Sharon Chapman
Ashley Gréaux
Rachel Prince

13 comments:

Kigz said...

Absolutely stunning! Artiste will be on its way to me soon thank goodness, and I can't wait to play! Loving this color combo, Jayma.

Carolyn Mendoza-Canales said...

I love that you added the pink in!! You're so crafty!

Dianas free moments said...

OMGOSH! Love the pink with Aqua!!!! :)

Eva Friesen said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I Love this

Amy said...

This is just a beautiful cards. Love al the details

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card Jayma!! I love all the details!! Great job!! Have a terrific day!! Hugs, Gloria

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

ScrapNJeannie said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the pink with the Avonlea colors!

Sheri Ann Henderson said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors you picked out.

Theresa Miller said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Visit my blog, would love have some followers!
www.thesassyscrapper.com

CydneyF said...

Such a pretty and delicate card. Love the colors!

Paper Memories4u said...

Oh Jayma, Your card is Gorgeous! I love the delicate and vintage feel of the card.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Great card Jayma! Love the added pink with Avonlea.

Danielle DeNise said...

Beautiful card! Can't wait to get some of that burlap ribbon. I also appreciate the blog hop list you posted at the end, how handy!!! Thanks