Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fall Wedding Invitations & Thank You Card

This summer has been filled will lots of fun wedding crafting projects! I created these wedding invitations for a friend who is getting married this fall. She loved the design of my wedding invitations and asked if I could create something similar for her in her wedding colors. Of course!
It's a gatefold card, here's what it looks like when it's open. I used copper shimmer paper from Paper Source for the base. This paper is SUPER heavy. It was actually hard to score and fold...had to run my bone folder over the folds a couple of times. But it is perfect for invitations because of its high quality.
Here are some detail shots. The swirl on the front of the invitation was from The Invitation Factory, where I ordered the supplies for my invitations. I used Paper Source Luxe White paper for the square on front and inside of the invitations. I like this paper for invitations because it's not only heavy weight, but has a little texture to it.
I love combining my skills in paper crafting and graphic design for invitations.
And of course I had to make a cute little matching thank-you card for her, also using Paper Source Luxe White cardstock as the base. The copper shimmer brad from CTMH was the perfect accessory to match the copper paper. And the Goldrush cardstock matched her wedding colors perfectly. I got the organdy ribbon from a wholesale mart. The stamp is from the retired Thank You stamp set, still one of my favorite go-to sets!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope I inspired you today!

2 comments:

Kigz said...

These came together so nicely, Jayma! Thanks for all the paper recommendations--that is very good info. Your graphics are certainly beautiful--always so happy to see your creations!

Melanie said...

Such beautiful classy cards. They turned out great!!