Friday, August 31, 2012

How to Fix a Stamping Mess-Up: It's Your Day Bike & Balloon Scene Card

Ah, I finally had some time to play with the It's Your Day stamp set (the current special going on with CTMH—get it for just $5) and my new pigment inks. I LOVED my fabulously talented friend and downline Amy's card here, so I set out to create my own.


But I am an impatient crafter. I did not let the ink dry thoroughly before handling the pieces I stamped and got pigment-ink fingerprints on the white card base. But don't fear...I like to say there's never a failed craft project...you can fix almost anything!

The It's Your Day set comes with these cute little stars, so I just added them in olive ink to cover my fingerprints! LOL! I think it would look better without the stars and I am going to try this card again...maybe with regular inks...but hey, at least my first attempt was not in vain :)

So there you have it, stamping saves the day when you have a stamping mishap.

Here's what the It's Your Day stamp set looks like. So fun and trendy. Perfect for cardmaking and scrapbooking. How great is it for Project Life/Project 365 scrapbooks?! You can get it for just $5 when you place a $35 order on my website for regular-priced items! And if your order is $50 or more you can also get the Stamp of the Month for another $5. Double the fun! Shop here >


Oh, and I can't forget to remind you one last time that TODAY is the LAST DAY to get this FREE adorable tote bag!!
When you join my CTMH Playing With Paper team for just $49 you'll not only get the awesome new Consultant Kit valued at $130, you'll also get this tote for free, an added $50. That's $180 in products for $49!! You can join as a business builder, or as a hobbyist. I have lots more info/FAQs here >

Pigment ink colors used (from Enchantment color family):
Indian Corn Blue
Gold Rush
Olive
Ruby (new)

Other supplies:
Black (dye ink)
Topiary cardstock
White Daisy card base
It's Your Day double stamp set

Shop Close to my Heart products >

2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this card is just too cute

Melanie said...

Great cover up, after reading about your finger print incident I scrolled up again. The stars just seem to fit to me.