Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Favorite {CTMH} Things Blog Hop: Burlap Ribbon

Welcome to our My Favorite {CTMH} Things Blog Hop!


Today some of my fabulous Playing With Paper team and I are sharing artwork featuring some of our favorite products from CTMH. This month is our very first team blog hop and we're really excited to share some great ideas on how to use some specific CTMH products, ones you might even overlook in the Idea Book.

Today I am featuring our awesome burlap ribbon. I LOVE burlap. And as CTMH does again and again, they came out with the *perfect* product. It's a nice width, it doesn't stink like a lot of burlap does, it has bound edges so it won't fray, and is a nice weight...not too heavy and not too brittle. Just right so that it's sturdy but not too heavy for cards, scrapbook layouts, or 3D Cricut-cut paper projects! And if you want it to fray, simply cut off the edges and you can pull off some strands.

Without further adieu, here is my project...


I used my favorite new paper pack, Flirty, and CTMH's new how-to book, Make It from Your Heart for the card pattern. And I have wanted to make this burlap flower ever since I saw Tresa's here. It's less than a foot of burlap ribbon, folded in half lengthwise, then formed into a flower with hot glue, similar to how I made the ribbon flower pin in this video. I finished it off with a beautiful rhinestone designer brad.

I used the Congratulations stamp that came with the Artiste collection and embossed it with silver embossing powder. I can't even remember the last time I heat embossed...it was fun!


I hot glued the burlap flower to a hair clip and slid it onto the card so it could be removed and reused.

It also makes a great addition to your purse...


Or as an embellishment on your shoes!


Now hop on over to Jennifer's blog for your next stop.

Here's a list of my fabulous team members participating. I am so lucky to have such a talented group...I hope you are inspired by everyone!

Jayma Malme <--- that's me
Jennifer Payami
Norhalma Verzosa
Amy Edwards
Rachel Rusticus

Don't forget that now through September you can get the It’s Your Day double stamp set for just $5 when you place a minimum order of $35 in retail-priced products! Shop now >


Products used:

Flirty Paper Pack
Make It From Your Heart
Burlap Ribbon
Stamp from the Artiste Cricut Collection
Rhinestone Designer Brads

7 comments:

Kigz said...

Loving that burlap too! Adds some awesome texture. THAT is a fabulous idea to add it with the hairclip, Jayma! Awe. Some. :)

Rachel Rusticus said...

Oooh who knew burlap could be so pretty? I just LOVE the shoe bling!! Thanks for setting up this great blog hop:)

Amy said...

soooo cute and then you had to go and make one for your purse and your shoe! Ahhh you never cease to amaze! Love it!! Cannnot wait to play a little more with the burlap.

Norhalma said...

Wow, you turned a burlap into a fabulous accessory! Good thing I still have lots here to play with. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea and for organizing this blog hop :)

Paper Memories4u said...

Love the idea of using the flower as a clip on your purse. I'm loving the burlap!

Norhalma said...

Wow! You turned a burlap into a fabulous accessory! What a great idea! Thank you for hosting this blog hop, Jayma!

Jennifer Payami said...

Great Projects!!! Love the shoes!