Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Different Type of A2 Card: Outta This World Rocket Ship

Today at Practical Scrappers we're sharing a variety of ways to use an A2 cards, instead of just folding the card base in half.

I wanted to show you how to score your card base twice to create a Z-fold card. I took a regular A2 flat base (8.5" x 5.5") and cut 1/4" off the end (so it's 8-1/4"). (I tried making up for the 1/4" in the score lines/folding but didn't like the result as much.) Then I scored it at 2.5" and 4.5".

I created this video to show you how I scored the base, stamped, and assembled my card. You can watch it here.

Here's a close-up of the rocket ship that I colored with colored pencils. I'm not great at coloring, but it was fun :) I need to get some more of CTMH's new alcohol markers to play with. I didn't have the right colors for this project!
 

To make this project, you'll need these supplies:
Lagoon, Cranberry, Sunset, and Pear ink pads
Cranberry and White Daisy Cardstock

Remember I offer FREE shipping on orders over $99! (US orders only.) Shop now >


3 comments:

roxybonds said...

Another fabulous one Jayma!

Melanie said...

Such a fun card. I really enjoy the bright colours.

Rhonda said...

Very cute card Jayma! Quick and easy for all of the boy bday parties I need a card for!