Saturday, September 29, 2012

Halloween Cupcakes with Artiste & Magic Potions

Hello, and welcome to my amazing team's 2nd "My Favorite {CTMH} Things" blog hop!! This month our theme is Halloween or Fall, and each of us is featuring our favorite CTMH things for our project.

This is the beginning of the hop, but you can start anywhere because this is a circular hop! You may have come from Rachel's blog, and if so, you're right on track.

Today I'm sharing a fun Halloween project. When I began this project, my intention was to showcase the adorable Magic Potions stamp set. But in the process, I realized I'm really highlighting 3 amazing products: Cricut Artiste Cartridge (the 2 Halloween-themed buttons), Colonial White Rosette Ribbon, and Magic Potions.

How adorable would these little cupcakes be at your Halloween party? They are SO easy to make with the Cricut Artiste collection!
I used the Cricut Artiste cartridge to cut the spider web cupcake liners (cut at 2") and the shapes for the cupcake toppers. How adorable are these fun stamp images? The Magic Potions stamp set coordinates perfectly with Artiste! And it's only $9.95! The stamp set itself tells you exactly what size to cut your shape at so that the stamp fits on it perfectly, plus it tells you what page of the handbook the shape is found on so you can easily find it on your keypad.

To hold the cupcake toppers in place I used foundry pin clips, after being inspired by Melissa Laverty's mini cupcakes.
I didn't use real cupcakes...I made my own so I could display them in my craft room and at my upcoming workshops. I used 2.5" foam balls and wrapped half of each one with the rosette ribbon, hot gluing under each rosette. It took about 2' of ribbon (the ribbon comes with 5 yards!). You might be asking the same questions I did as I began...why use rosettes or Halloween?

Well, the beauty of this project is that you can change the cupcake for each season! The rosette will always look like frosting. Simply take the foam ball out of the cupcake wrapper and insert it into a new wrapper for the next holiday and create a new topper. There are 20 cupcake wrappers on Artiste, so you're sure to find one for every occasion.

Next on the hop is Amy! You're going to love what she has to share.


If you'd like to make this project, or a project of your own with these fun and versatile products, you can find them on my shopping website.
Magic Potions $9.95


9 comments:

Norhalma said...

Those cupcakes looks yummy! I couldn't even tell it's not real judging from your beautiful photos!

Amy said...

OMGoodness. I love that you can change out the liners and the the toppers each month or season! This is really cute.

Rachel Rusticus said...

Fun project:) Love the ink pads as a cupcake stand, great way to show how everything CTMH coordinates together!

Carol said...

I love this project! What a cute way to use the ribbon.

Ian said...

This is just the cutest thing I've seen! Love the cupcake toppers. I almost did something similar but didn't have any cupcakes. lol. Great job, Jayma!! :)

Brittany Fitch said...

Love the toppers but I LOVE the reusable cupcakes!!!

Renee said...

I really thought they were real cupcakes. Very nice!

Sheila Bennett said...

Adorable cupcakes!

Paper Memories4u said...

Jayma, you did an amazing job! Love the cupcakes.