Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Video Tutorial: Random Stamp Your Own Patterned Paper for a Disney Princess Birthday Card

Today I'm the featured designer over at Practical Scrappers. If you are not familiar with PS, you should head on over there! We are full of great ideas on how to use your scrapbooking and cardmaking stash.

My niece turned 4 years old in June, and what little girl doesn't love Disney princesses? I have to be careful not to call HER a princess, though. She loves princesses, but doesn't want to be one. Silly, sweet girl :)


I random-stamped the background with one of my favorite go-to CTMH stamp sets, Hooray Bouquet with Pear, Cotton Candy, and Sunflower ink to match Belle. (Video tutorial is below.) Random stamping is one of my favorite techniques. It's a fun and easy way to create your own patterned paper in whatever colors you want!

I popped Belle off the page with 3D foam squares to give her some dimension.

 

Here's a video I created to show you how to random stamp your own backgrounds for cards, scrapbooks, Cricut 3D items, or anything else you want to stamp on...



Products Used:


Honey ink pad
(Sunflower is now retired, this is close match)

2 comments:

Paige Dolecki said...

Jayma -

Such a cute card! I remember when my daughter went through her princess faze. Such a cute time in a little girl's life and great fodder for sweet crafts!

Paige

Carol said...

That is adorable! I love that stamp set.