Monday, September 17, 2012

Vintage Doily Engagement Party Invitations

Today is my hubby and my 6th wedding anniversary, so I thought it only fitting that I share something wedding-related today :)

When Amanda first contacted me, it's because she loved the Vintage Doily baby shower invitations in my Etsy shop, and she wanted a variation of them for her and her fiance's engagement party invitations. The style fit her wedding theme perfectly...vintage and lace.

This is one of the beautiful bridesmaids dresses she chose, which helped me find just the right color pink paper to match her wedding colors.


Amanda chose Paper Bag from Paper Source as the base color of the invitation. I used Bazzill Basics Casa for the champagne pink color and Coloniel White for the information portion. This is how it turned out...


How did I match the doily {which I could only find in bright white} to the Coloniel White cardstock, you ask?

Well, I tried this variation of it, using the Cricut Artiste cartridge to cut the doily with Coloniel White cardstock. Pretty, but it just didn't have the same vintage feeling as the real doily.

I really wanted Amanda to have ivory like she wanted. My solution was to hand-ink all 63 doilies with Coloniel White pigment ink and a sponge dauber. Boy did that add a lot of extra time. {And I don't want to do it again!} But it was worth it to make sure Amanda got exactly the look she was after.


She loved the invitations. Now I'm working on her matching thank-you cards...175 of them! {Without hand-inked doilies.}

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Kigz said...

WOW! That is a lot of sponging! You go, girl! These are perfectly gorgeous, by the way. LOVE your stuff, Jayma!

Emily said...

Hi, I hope you get this comment since I'm leaving it on an older entry, but would you be able to find out where your friend got her bridesmaid dress? Feel free to e-mail me at rocklakepianostudio@gmail.com too. Thanks!! :-)
Emily