Thursday, October 25, 2012

Brittany's Anniversary Card Using CTMH Idea Book Inspiration

A few weeks ago I had a bunch of Etsy orders to finish right around the same time, so I had Brittany, one of my crafty co-workers at Starbucks, come and help me. Brittany loves scrapbooking and was the perfect assistant. But she was new to the world of cardmaking!

She had asked me a while before if I'd make an anniversary card for her to give her boyfriend. But what's better than her making it herself? When we were finished for the day I helped her make her boyfriend's card.

Here's how it turned out...

I gave Brittany a CTMH Idea Book to look through for inspiration. She found a card she liked on page 90, and we copied it with different colors. I did most of the work, but she learned a whole lot and loved her intro to cardmaking.

This card is full of fun techniques. Stamping, embossing, covering chipboard with paper, using foam adhesive for dimension, using background stamps, and using a border punch. She also got to play with our wonderful new shimmer trim ribbon.

She also learned how versatile paper can be...we were able to pull together her boyfriend's favorite colors in one card (and of course added some bling, because please, how can us girls not add bling?!). Can you guess where the striped paper is from? The Moonlight paper pack! Yes...a Halloween-themed paper was used in an anniversary card!

You can see all the great dimension from this angle...


Thanks for visiting today!

Moonlight Paper Pack

2 comments:

Tammy said...

This card is fantastic!!! Love the colors and bling!

Renee said...

very pretty!