Monday, October 8, 2012

My Niece's Art Philosophy Butterfly & Seattle Visit

Last weekend we had some very special visitors. My sister, her husband, and their 2 cute kiddos came to Seattle! It was my niece (4yo) and nephew's (2.5yo) first time on an airplane, and I don't think they could have been any more excited about it!

Maddie has been asking for at least the past year, probably longer, to "go on an airplane and visit Auntie Jayma." Ohhh, be still my heart. I love that girl. And Connor was so fun...he's finally at the age where he's talking more and interacting with you. So fun! Here's Maddie and me down at Pier 57 right next to the new Ferris Wheel. (Don't ya love that Hello Kitty hoodie...SCORE at Marshall's...Maddie loves gifts from Auntie Jayma and Uncle Chris.) :)


Whenever Maddie and I are together, one of the first things that comes out of her mouth is, "Auntie Jayma, can we do a cwaft?" Yes, I've trained her well. She knows that crafting and Auntie Jayma go hand-in-hand.

So we set some time aside for special niece-auntie crafting. I asked her what she wanted to make and she knew right away she wanted to make a butterfly. And of course it had to be pink. So I got out some retired Carnation Pink cardstock and my Art Philosophy Cricut booklet. I flipped through the pages and showed her the butterflies, and she picked the one she liked.


I cut it at 5.5" and let her pick out whatever she wanted to decorate it. She squirted lots of Stickles on it. In globs. So I showed her how to smooth it out with her finger so it covers the whole butterfly and dries faster. Then she wanted flowers, so I put glue dots on them and let her place them where she saw fit. Same with the rhinestone sparkles.

When she was finished she gave it to her mommy. How sweet.

Here are some pictures from the rest of the weekend. Friday night we went to The Crab Pot. This place was fantastic. I'd been wanting to go, but hadn't yet. It was the perfect atmosphere (loud and messy) for kids. And the adults had fun, too. Here's my sis and I ready for our crab feast!

 

If you find yourself in Seattle, you should check it out. I had heard of it a while ago because of this video clip from Man vs. Food.


This location was also ideal for kids because it's at Miner's Landing, where there's an arcade and carousel, and right outside is the new giant Ferris Wheel (like the London Eye) that was installed on the pier.


Here is Maddie with her daddy. The Seattle Aquarium is behind them, the next pier down. (However, we grew up going to Sea World in SoCal, so the Seattle Aquarium does not impress us! LOL!)

The next day we went out to Snohomish County to Bob's Corn Maze & Pumpkin Farm....we had a blast! This is my favorite photo of the day :) If you go there, OMG you need to get the churro corn bites from their shop. They are to DIE for.

Sunday was Pike's Place. Oh, how I despise going there. It's always SO crowded! But it's fun to bring visitors there and made for this cute photo op with Maddie and Uncle Chris.

Their last morning, we went to Alki to walk along the "beach." It's the closest to the beach we have in Seattle...doesn't really compare to their beaches in San Diego...but it is beautiful! Connor spotted a fire truck and the firemen were nice enough to give him a badge sticker and let him climb up in the truck!


I thought this shot was fun. Mom and Dad watching the kids in the distance. (Which wasn't as far as this photo makes it seem.)

Here are some cute pics from around the house. Connor was the perfect size to fit inside Maddie's travel Barbie house. And Maddie was trying to put the lid on his head. Too funny! They play so well together (most of the time) since they are so close in age.

But most of the time Connor was obsessed with his Thomas the Train set. Or playing ball with Oslo outside (which we didn't get any pictures of!).

Well, if you made it this far, thanks for reading!

I have a fun wedding project to share with you tomorrow!

No comments: