Friday, October 5, 2012

Surfer Girl Baby Shower Invitations & Matching Thank You Card

Hello!

I have been up to my ears in fun projects and have finally taken pictures of most everything so I can share with you!

I had lots of fun with these baby shower invitations. They were pretty involved with all those small pieces to make 50 of them, but I think they turned out so adorable! And they were for a special couple...I grew up next door to Cole and his family, and his mom ordered the invitations from me. (I also created one of her daughters' baby shower invitations, which I haven't shared here yet.)

I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the pennants and George & Basic Shapes cartridge to cut the surfboards. Sanja LOVES black, girly, and bling so I used bright, fun colors, inspired by a photo of some surfboards she posted on Facebook. I think the black really makes everything pop!

To create the waves, I tore strips of CTMH lagoon paper and used glitz glitter gel to bling up the edges. In between the waves is some green tulle because Sanja loves tutus! I think it looks like kelp.

  
I used the CTMH alphabet stamp set A Typeface to spell BABY on the pennants and put a bitty sparkle between each pennant. I used medium-sized sparkles on the surfboard.

Of course I had to make a matching "thanks" card for Grandma, who ordered the invitations. And the card behind it says "congrats" for the mommy- and daddy-to-be. These would also be great thank-you cards for mom and dad to send the guests.

I also added my personalized stamp to the back of the cards.
Did you know that you can get your own personalized stamp for only $9.95? It's the amazing quality you love from CTMH! You can get it up to 4 lines, with or without an icon and can choose from 6 fonts. Mine is 2 lines, no icon. You can also get just your name in bigger type for only $5.95. The recommended clear block size for the customized stamps is the 1" x 3.5".

If you are interested in ordering invitations like this, check out my Etsy Shop.

If you are interested in making your own, shop my CTMH website.

Colors used...
CTMH: Lagoon, Hollyhock, Pear
Paper Source: Blush, Black
The invitations were put into Blush envelopes from Paper Source to match.

Other CTMH Products...
Bitty Sparkles, Clear Sparkles, Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel, Art Philosophy Cricut Collection, A Typeface stamp set


Giveaway reminder...
If you haven't entered my October giveaway yet, head on over here for your chance to win 3 stamp sets valued at $54! 

4 comments:

Tami said...

Absolutely so unique! I love the design and the colors you've chosen to work with. They will be thrilled -- this one has to go in the memory book!

julie anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
julie anderson said...

Unique design;I love the design;nice color combination!! Defiantly these will a good memory to them!!
Baby Shower Invitation

Lindsay Lohan said...

I don't know whether i can ask this question or not but i think you might have a lot of interest in surfing and that could be the main reason for you to prepare a card on this stuff ?


baby shower invitation