Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Light of God {What's in a Frame}

I worked on several frames last month for Etsy orders. It's funny, the orders in my Etsy shop seem to always go in spurts. I'll get a bunch of invitation orders, then {What's in a Frame} orders, wedding orders, etc. I have a few frames to share this week.

Kathy ordered this for her friend who is beginning chemo treatment for cancer. So sad. But she emailed me after she gave this frame to her friend and her friend started crying after opening her frame! Knowing that something I created brightened someone's day makes me SO happy. I can't explain the joy I find in my crafting journey. In so many ways I am blessed beyond description.

Without further adieu, here is the frame I made for Kathy's friend...



It's almost exactly the same as the one in my Etsy shop that I made previously. She loved the greens, and just switched out the verse that goes inside.

The paper I used is from a retired CTMH paper pack called Veranda. Oh, how I love this pack. I am hoarding every scrap I have left. The matting and bronze behind the lacy strip is a shimmer cardstock from Michael's.

Edited to add: The sentiment is printed right from my computer! I typed it out and printed onto Colonial White cardstock in dark brown to match the colors in the frame.

See all the {What's in a Frame} decor I've made >

Do you hoard paper like I do? I have so many zip-top bags of retired CTMH paper with hardly anything left. But I can't let them go. With the frames I make, I often only need scraps and you never know which paper will match one of my customers' needs PERFECTLY!What do you do when you're down to scraps in your paper collection? Or do you ever get that far?

3 comments:

Kigz said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Jayma!!! Absolutely a blessing when what you love to do can also bring others incredible joy. I totally get that! Keep on!

Tammy said...

This is beautiful! I am a paper hoarder and I do get a little nervous when I only have scraps left...I totally understand!

Tami said...

I say Praise God! for those zip top bags because I have more than I can count. This is a gorgeous creation -- where did you get the Sentiment? I need that one for my collection as I'm a sentiment hound. Love your blog and your stunning creations!