Saturday, October 20, 2012

Wedding Invitation Keepsake Christmas Ornament

I made this Christmas ornament last year but never shared it, so I thought I'd share it now as we near the Christmas season. I was inspired by this ornament.

My friends Melissa and Chris's wedding invitation was perfect for this idea. It was flat and colorful. I cut the invitation into 1/4" strips, carefully selecting where I cut so I'd keep the text mostnly in tact. Once I had all the strips finished, I wrapped them around a pen to make them curl. I didn't have to do anything else...they stayed loosely curled on their own.

 I then put some glitter in a clear ornament and added the curled strips, tied some ribbon, and viola! A beautiful keepsake ornament.


Can you think of someone who got married this year that you could make this for?!

Happy Christmas crafting :)

No comments: