Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wedding Photo Bracket Frame & Matching Gift Card Holder From Artiste Cricut Cartridge

I adore how this bracket frame turned out. Clean and elegant. The 3D flowers and swirly paper make such a statement that you really don't need much else to dress it up. Except some pearls and black tulle ribbon.
I made this frame as a wedding gift for some good family friends, Lisa and Benny. My husband grew up with Lisa, and although we weren't able to attend the wedding, I wanted to create a memorable gift for them. I loved the pop of red from her flowers, so I mimicked them on the frame using flowers cut from the Artiste Cricut cartridge. The flowers in her bouquet have pearl centers, so I did the same on her frame with pearl opaques (retired)!
I used CTMH black tulle ribbon (retired) for the border around the inside of the frame opening, and I really like how much texture and interest it adds, yet still keeps the simple and elegant look. I used hot glue to pleat it. (Be careful of your fingers since the tulle is full of holes!)

I've heard that you can cut out the bracket shape to fit the frame from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, but I simply traced the frame (inside and out) onto the back side of the patterned paper. Sometimes I think it's easier to just hand cut rather than figure out all the calculations to cut on the Cricut.

Here's the page from the Artiste handbook that shows the 4 different 3D flowers you can cut. I love how it's color-coded so you can see that the green spiral flower on the right (the one I used) will turn into the green finished flower in the upper left corner.

This is what the bracket frame looks like when you first get it. A bright white blank canvas just waiting for you to get creative!
The back is open so you can easily slide your papers in (since the front is a smaller opening). There are heavy chipboard corners for you to adhere the papers to. The whole frame is made of high-quality chipboard.
Here is what the back of my finished frame looks like. I added some lightweight cardboard (from a cereal box) to the back of my artwork, then covered the whole backside with black cardstock. I added some ribbon to hang the frame from, which I hot glued between the layers for a clean look.

Along with their wedding bracket frame, we gave Lisa and Benny a gift card, so I made an elegant, yet quick gift card holder for them.
The gift card holder is on page 55 of the Artiste handbook (be patient, this is a large PDF to open). Don't you love how the bracket shape matches the bracket frame?! The holder is very simple to fold up, then I used a glue pen to attach "Bride & Groom," which is on page 61. Then I tied it up with some black tulle ribbon to match the frame, which I had cut down to 1" wide. Easy peasy!

Here are the handbook pages for the gift card holder. Again, color-coded, so you know what the finished cut will look like once it's assembled.

FREE SHIPPING ON CRICUT ARTISTE!
If you would like the Artiste collection for yourself, I offer FREE SHIPPING! You can order through the Paypal button below and I'll have the collection shipped right to your door. (An average tax rate of 8% will be added.) For even more information about Artiste, visit my Artiste page. Or watch my review video on YouTube.


Artiste Ordering Options

If you do not have the Art Philosophy Collection yet, it's another must-have! And guess what? FREE shipping on that, too!

If you'd like to add anything else to your order, it will also ship for free! Contact me at jaymalew [at] gmail [dot] com if you'd like to order more than one cartridge.

Cricut Collection for 50% Off? 
If you host an online party, you could get a Cricut collection HALF OFF! If your sales from yourself and your friends reach $250 you'll get $40 in FREE products (or possibly more) PLUS any item at 50% off, which includes the Cricut cartridges. $49.50 for a CTMH Cricut collection...yes please! Contact me at jaymalew [at] gmail [dot] com to set up your party.

Shop CTMH products here >

2 comments:

Tami said...

This is just gorgeous! I have one in my stash to work on and I have an idea but you've given me so many directions I could go. Thanks for the inspiration! Love your blog and all the ideas you share!

Lalia said...

Totally gorgeous! I don't know how I missed this post the first time.