Monday, October 22, 2012

Word Bubble 3"x3" Cards Using Leftover Paper Scraps


Do you remember CTMH's special from some time ago for the You & Me kit? It had some really cute paper! I used most of the paper but had just a few scraps left.

I decided to use them up on some cute little 3" x 3" cards. I like to keep 3x3 cards on-hand to include in orders for my Etsy and CTMH customers.

I added a few supplies: Colonial White cardstock; our fabulous new Shimmer Trim; alcohol markers in Smoothie, Creme Brulee, and Olive; the Word Balloons stamp set that comes in the Artiste Cricut collection, and a few ink pads (not shown). Today's feature at Practical Scrappers is using Word Bubbles, so this stamp set is perfect!

These are the paper scraps and supplies I began with.
One of the wonderful things about 3x3 cards is that you can get EIGHT cards from one sheet of 12x12 cardstock. Simply cut each card base to 3" x 6" and fold in half.

I LOVE the Word Balloon stamp set. Each sentiment is in a cute and trendy word bubble and packs a punch so it can be the star of your card. You can keep the rest of the card pretty simple!

Here is a handful of the cards I made (I actually made 24 of them, which only took a couple of hours).


Let me tell you how much I love this Shimmer Trim. It comes on a spool and looks like ribbon, but it's ADHESIVE-BACKED! How fantastic is that?! Plus, you can color it with our new alcohol markers to change the color. I colored the glitter on a few of the cards but unfortunately didn't take a picture of any of those ones. (It was starting to rain so I had to hurry with my photo shoot.)

Here are a few close-ups...



I cut out the word bubbles on my Cricut with the Artiste cartridge. The stamp set tells you what size to cut them at to make sure the stamp fits on your cut. I use this stamp set so often that whenever I cut, I use the "Auto Fill" feature and cut out several pages of them at once to have on-hand.

So next time you have some paper scraps (and who doesn't?), remember you can turn them into fabulous mini cards instead of throwing them into the trash!

I want to know, what do you do with your paper scraps?

3 comments:

Kigz said...

I love these! The shimmer trim is my all-time favorite thing right now. ;) My paper scraps are organized by color. Plus, I have a drawer full of unused cricut cuts that I go to whenever I start a project and see what I can use. Thanks for another idea to use them!

Jayma Malme said...

I have a little bowl that sits on my desk for cricut cuts, but it's full. I think I need to upgrade to a drawer, too!

Rachel Rusticus said...

I've been looking for some 3 x 3 card inspiration, glad I visited your blog just now! Who knew scraps could end up so cute?!